Tuesday 1 March 2016

Keeping up with the Koreans!

In January we visited South Korea!


It was a bit of a shock to the system as I've become accustomed to 34 degrees and sunny days! I knew it would be slightly colder that Bangers so i went armed in my jeans, hoodie and summer scarf/sarong just in case! When we arrived i was a bit chilly so borrowed Kevs hoodie too and wrapped up as warm as i could.

OMG - I forgot what it was like to be cold.....well...actually i have never been that cold!!! 

-10 degrees awaited us and i was so grateful that my brother was bringing jackets and scarves when he met us. I also promised never to moan about the manic heat in Bangers ever again!!! 



Once dressed up as the Korean Mitchilin Man in my stylish new blue coat thing, hat and gloves we headed out for my first ever Korean BBQ! Yum! and I'll say it again Yum!

Not only was it amazing as my brother always has been and will always be the Braai Master - so all the meat was cooked to perfection,  but the beer and Soju combo was a particularity nice touch and warmed me up some!



The next evening my bro and i went for fried chicken and beer. The friend chicken was awesome, but it was just friedn chciken and sortly after you realize there is only so much friend chicken you can eat at one sitting! The beer - i forget what it was called - was a white rice beer - im still undecided on weather it was nice or not. It was like a fizzy milk....hmm.

Grant with the fizzy milky beer stuff!
  


After dinner we wondered around Seoul for a few hrs, stopping to warm up indoors and work on our beer jackets before we headed to the airport to pick up the New Mrs Brennon who was returning from a trip to the US. The next while the men were hard at work we headed to the shops for some retail therapy, well deserved Starbucks with the most amazing slice of Red Velvet Cake I've ever had!



Our last eve in Korea was spent with more Beer and Soju over a delicious Korean BBQ!
Can't wait to go back (in Summer) for more BBQ time with Grant and Autumn! 


BBQ Time!


No comments:

Post a Comment