Tuesday 15 August 2017

Visit to Bangkok Zoo!

Last week I visited The Bangkok Zoo - known as Dusit Zoo!

Visit to Dusit Zoo!
I had the day off, it was sunny and I'm starting to tick things off my 'What to do in Bangkok' list - so I decided to visit the Zoo! I got the BTS to Phaya Thai station, then a 10 min motorbike taxi ride to the Zoo. Dusit is open every day from 8am to 6pm - tickets for foreigners cost 150 THB (£3.47). I got there just after 9 am and headed off to explore. The Zoo is not as big as what I'm used to in SA - its quite tiny in comparison to the JHB Zoo and the London Zoo too! I reckon you could do it in 30 min! It's also an extremely noisy Zoo - being right tin the heart of Bangkok - you can just hear traffic - those poor animals must never get any rest! Dusit also comes with is very own 7 eleven and kiddies water park right outside the tiger and lion enclosure - where you can cool off on a hot day and no doubt torture the tiger and lion with a snack they can never reach!


Me & the Animals!
I saw a Tapir (never seen one before), Bears, Hippos' Crocodiles, Snakes a plenty, Turtles,  a Tiger, Lions, a  Leopard, Gorillas, Monkeys, Giraffes, Zebras, Koalas, Flamingos, Penguins, a Camel and an Elephant! A lone Elephant named Jim that made me so sad as he was all alone - and especially as the info signs told you how much elephants love company and especially as Thailand is all about Elephants - there was only one! Poor Jim! I was also disappointed as this one lonely Elephant was confined to a very small little space. The enclosures we all clean, that I could not fault, but they were all horribly small  - my apartment is bigger than the Lions enclosure! There is a lot of construction going on too with plans of expanding their enclosures and making it more eco-friendly - hope it happens soon!  There is also not much Health and Safety going on there - between me and the bear was a tiny little moat - he could easily have jumped it - so could I! You could also easily hop in with the Crocs or Hippos for a selfie if you want to! 


There is a WHAT behind me?!?!?!

I left just before noon, I'd seen everything twice, it was crazy hot and the school busses were arriving - that was my cue to leave!

http://www.dusit.zoothailand.org/en/index.php


No comments:

Post a Comment