Tuesday 1 August 2017

Paint Harder Evening at Pullman Grande!

Last week I attended the 'Work Hard Paint Harder' event at The Pullman Hotel.


I went with some of my Theatre buddies and so glad I did - it was such an awesome evening! Tickets cost 699 THB (£15.89) and included the canvas, paints, tutoring, 2 drinks and  yummy snacks! When we arrived we could choose between a mountain scene with oil paints or abstract nature scene using acrylic and oil. The abstract seemed the way to go - I'm no Picasso - but I gave it a shot!

Getting our paint on!
We started off making a background with the acrylics - I went for my favourite colours of the month - turquoise and purple. The artist who was running the workshop was super talented and had some of her work displayed! She made it look all to easy and kept reminding us to have the finished piece in our heads. I had no clue what was gonna happen on that canvas after the background.... not even the wine was helping the creative juices flow!

Add caption
I decided to do a flower scene and scratched some texture into it, but it looked more like a 'fan feather bower' - at least that was the constructive criticism I got. No matter what I added that little flower was definitely not a flower! And with every brush stroke I added looked more like someone chunked on it! I was feeling a bit deflated and like the canvas had been wasted on me!  'Look at it from a different angle' was another suggestion, so I turned it round and round and....voila! I transformed that sorry looking little flower wanna-be into a skirt and added a head and arms! It's better than what I had hoped for and in the end was happy with how it turned out! Definitely not what I had envisioned at the beginning - but hey - the fun was in not knowing what it would be!

My Masterpiece!?!

It was so much fun and a fantastic evening spent with such talented and wonderful ladies! I'm looking forward to the next 'Paint Harder' evening I get to unleash the creative juices - just hope they come out!

Talented Artists!

Follow me on #icantpaintbutitry.com




No comments:

Post a Comment