Tuesday 1 August 2017

Bangkok Planetarium

This morning I visited the Bangkok Planetarium!

 

It's located near Ekkami BTS and is part of the Science Centre for Education. I've walked past it a few times but never noticed the sign outside advertising an English show on Tuesdays at 10.00! Luckily, Ekkami BTS is a 15 min walk from my Condo, so off I set excited for my educational morning out. Tickets for the Planetarium cost 50 THB (£1.50) and and extra 30 THB (90p!) if you want to attend the Solar EnergyExhibition and Aquatics Centre. I was tempted to get the whole package - but the place was swamped with School Kids - so I just opted for the Planetarium show.

Bangkok Planetarium!

There is a small 'Planets' exhibit outside the theatre, although its all in Thai -you get the general idea. Once the doors opened school kids flooded inside, along with a few randoms - like me! It was pretty exciting waiting for show to start - I think I was just as excited as the kids! The show lasted 45 min and was split into 2 sections - first section was about the Bangkok Sky. The presenter told us what starts and planets that can be seen in the sky at night, what phase the moon is in and other bits of info about the sun and earth. The second section was a movie 'Flight Adventures' about flying, planes, spaceships and the science of flying. It was pretty cheesy, but cute and the kiddies loved it - and I loved it too too!

It was an interesting little morning out and I'm looking forward to having a looksie up above at the sky tonight !


Bangkok Planeterium


No comments:

Post a Comment