Friday 20 January 2017

Aladdin and the Magic Lamp!

Last month I made my Bangkok stage debut as a member of the Chorus in Aladdin - the Panto!

Finally that Drama Degree is paying off! 

I joined the Bangkok Community Theatre a few months ago - thought it would be a great way to meet people and to re-connect with my love for Theatre! On the first show I helped out backstage and it re-ignited a passion deep within me and I loved being back in the Theatre action again! So, when they announced that a Panto would be coming out in December, I was dying to get involved and offered to help out backstage - turned out they needed an extra ensemble member... and before I knew it I was a member of the cast! O.M.G!


Rehearsals were super fun - took me a while to learn the dance routines - I have no rhythm! And as for singing - well...I decided to lip sync most of it and sing really softly for the rest! The costumes were just amazing, I love to dress up and was so excited I got to wear a brunette wig! (been thinkin gof going brunette for a while - so was nice to play around with it!! It was great for the show, but gonna stay a natural blond instead!) The entire show awesome and huge success! I had so much fun, met some amazing talented people and remembered why I fell in love with Theatre in the first place!  


The cast of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp!


Watch out for my next stage appearance in February - The Vagina Monologues!


No comments:

Post a Comment