Monday 19 June 2017

International Yoga Day - 2017!

Yesterday I attended the 3rd International day of Yoga,  Bangkok!




It was a super early start and I admit when my alarm went off at 04.30 I did toy with the idea of giving it a miss (mainly cause I had only gone to bed at 2 am!) - but I hauled my lazy behind out of bed for something greater than myself and the chance to be apart of a truly amazing experience.

Tickets to the event were free, you had to register online and just rock up - yoga mats, water and snack were provided! I arrived at 5.45, got my free t-shirt (I will do pretty much anything for a free t-shirt!), found some of my yoga buddies and got a possie near the action, watched the sunrise and the event unfold.


3rd International Day of Yoga Bkk!

The ceremony started at 6.30 with a welcome from the Indian ambassador to Thailand and general formalities. Then the Yoga began - my Yoga teacher lead the session and along with thousands of yoga enthusiasts I got my yoga on! The session lasted for an hour - it was a great way to start the day with a few stretches and peaceful mantra chants. The slogan for this years Yoga day was - Yoga for Harmony and Peace - it was pretty amazing coming together with so many people from all walks of life to share this. 

Getting our Yoga on -  picture courtesy of Divine Yoga!




No comments:

Post a Comment